Sunday, January 4, 2009

In The Beginning.....

I began writing at a young age. It was mostly poetry that reflected the darkness that festered in my tiny body. When my life was depressing, I wrote a poem. I wish I still had them, but my mother threw it away. I was devastated when she casually told me as if it was junk and not worth holding on too. My dreams were in that small book, my desires, and my feelings for my future. I never wrote again. That action was so hard for me that I literally cried and went into myself.

In my high school English class we did a round robin, where you begin a sentence and pass it to the next person to write a story. That sentence I wrote was so open and could have gone so many ways, but I remember the teacher commenting on that one sentence. How the emotion of the character I'd written jumped off the page. It didn't make me happy to hear it, as when I got my paper back the other students had destroyed any possibility for my character to take off and run.

Fast forward fifteen years later and that sentence still stayed in my head. After years of living in unhappiness, then going through a much needed emotional purge, I sat with a pencil and notebook in the late evening and wrote it down. Suddenly, it was as if my mind had cleared all the cobwebs from its space and made a clear path for my character's story to come through. I wrote and wrote, non-stop for hours. When I stopped a few days later, I found myself unable to close that door that I'd open out of the blue.

I found those dreams, desires, and hopes for my future again. As I wrote a mass of stories later that year, I found a board that would be my stepping stone to see how well it would be received. When I let them read it, they applauded. I felt good about my writing for the first time. It was the first time I felt I'd accomplished something and someone thought it was amazing enough to re-read again and again.

I finished my first novel over a year ago. I hope to find a publisher soon, if not, I am willing to self publish it until I find the right home. I have another book that is prepared for publishing also that I'd written a year ago. Several stories that can be placed in Anthologies and many more looking to be completed.

From my mind came a mass of creativity that I had thought I'd forgotten. The ease at which I had written was like meditating. Happiness fills me when I'm writing, it keeps me wanting to continue.

I decided to open this blog to let my fans, and those that encourage me to continue telling these stories, know when my books become available. What I'm doing at the moment and works in progress. I will also be posting free reads that will stay up for a short amount of time before they are deleted and prepared for publishing.

All stories published on this blog are copyrighted. Any reproduction without express permission of author is against the law.


Stories are written for your enjoyment, so please refrain from copying and/or posting on other reading websites, boards, blogs, etc.


I hope everyone enjoys Romance In Black and Other..........


Sincerely,

Ronee Legette

(previously known as R. M. Hill)

1 comment:

  1. I've been enjoying your tales for a while, thanks for letting your fans know your start on your journey to write. JV

    ReplyDelete